Thursday, July 1, 2010

to remain with value.

To have good moral fibre suggests someone holds strong values and remains true to them. What is considered good moral values? Does this adjust to who we surround ourselves with? Helping the underdogs and trying to see the best in people that have had a fair share of screw-ups; are we lesser for this or more.

I think about all the ‘good’ people I know, the people that are trustworthy, caring and polite to everybody; good, nice, honest people. With this search I think of people that are trustworthy, loyal and caring towards me; not in a larger sense. I judge those who don’t treat me highly but that doesn’t mean they don’t treat others highly… so really, there must be people that don’t think the people I consider amazing, are.

Your level of moral fibre is judged by the ones you express yourself too. Thus the outcome, really, we are no better or worst than others, we are either known or unknown to each other, we have either made an effort and an impression or we haven’t.

With this I suppose I’ve started on moral values and faded into judging each other. But they kind of merge, you cannot judge someone you do not really know and if you do, you cannot assume that is their label forever, because to someone else, that person may be the best thing that’s ever happened to this world. Im really sick of people assuming the worst of each other and judging people they hardly know. Selfishness also falls in line here, think about what you did, who you are in the equation. Shrink your ego for five seconds here.

Lately I have been doing a lot of admitting that I was or am wrong. This really is like a serious moment in history… I hate being wrong. But it actually feels good to admit to it to yourself and the ones you care about; being able to recognize these failures, I think it does make you a better person, you’re selflessly admitting to another that you had a lapse in judgment. Last year my Nana was battling assumed terminal ovarian cancer, she kicked its ass and is as alive as ever, but it fucked me up, that on top of other things, last year was the worst year of my life, I’m only know realizing the impact I made on others I cared about when I was going through that, I was a completely different person.

So the moral of this story (see what I did there with the moral thing) is “you’ll never be you, you’ll be made up of all the people you’ve loved.” Your morals are effected by those you surround yourself with, you cannot judge what you do not know, think carefully, listen carefully and stand the fuck up, you owe the people you care about that, you owe them that, that’s the judge on your moral fibre, to value those that value you.

1 comment: